Thursday, December 3, 2009

Pumpkin Muffins: Attempt #2

I'd like to start out by thanking my friend Manda aka Ms. Knit Picky for trying out my Peanut Butter Cookies and blogging about her experience with them in her Femiknitsta blog. If you enjoy knitting or just looking at beautifully handcrafted knits, check out her Knit Picky blog. She does fabulous work.

If anyone else tries out my recipes, let me know. Also, if you blog about your own experiments, let me know. I'd love to know what other experimental people are concocting!

Now on to today's experiment... I'm making Pumpkin Muffins again, chickpea-free this time.

I packed a bag of ingredients to use since I'm at my parents' house instead of my own. I just found of Italian seasoning in the bag. I think I'll leave that out of the Punky Muffins. That's a little TOO experimental, even for me!

2 cups Pumpkin Puree
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
1.5 cups white sugar
1 tablespoon(?) molasses (I used what I could scrape from the end of the jar.)
3 eggs

(Darn it! I just realized why I have Italian seasoning in my bag. I meant to throw in my canister of demarara brown sugar but threw in the Italian seasonings instead. The containers looks similar. I guess I'll have to raid my parents' pantry for sugar.)

Mix all of that together and in a separate bowl, whisk together:

3 cups of brown rice flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon cinnamon

Feel free to adjust the spice levels to whatever you want.

Mix the wet and dry ingredients together and add in:
1 teaspoon of vanilla

Then fold in whatever mix-in you like. Today I'm going with Ghiradelli 60% cacao chocolate chips. Yum!

Bake at 375 for however long it takes.

The batter tastes really good. We'll see how they bake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment