Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Rolling Plains Scarf Pattern

Rolling Plains Scarf

The Rolling Plains Scarf has an undulating pattern created by shifting the stitch pattern by one stitch each row.

Yarn: Plymouth Tweed
Needles: US Size 6
Difficulty: Easy

CO 40 stitches (Any multiple of 8 will work. Just add or subtract from the bracketed repeats.)

R1: [k4, p4] Repeat brackets 5 times.
R2: k3, [p4, k4] Repeat brackets 3 times, p4, k1
R3: k2, [p4, k4] Repeat brackets 3 times, p4, k2
R4: k1, [p4, k4] Repeat brackets 3 times, p4, k3
R5: [p4, k4] Repeat brackets 5 times.
R6: p3, [k4, p4] Repeat brackets 3 times, k4, p1
R7: p2, [k4, p4] Repeat brackets 3 times, k4, p2
R8: p1, [k4, p4] Repeat brackets 3 times, k4, p3

Repeat R1-8 until desired length.

For a more polished look, finish with a single crochet edge around the whole scarf.

2 comments:

  1. This looks like fun. I may try it. Maybe if I make it I won't get so sick on the car trips coming up, either that or I'll get so sick that I can't knit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you don't get sick! If you try it out, will you post picture, pretty please?

    ReplyDelete