I pressed all the whey out of some Dannon plain yogurt. Here's how:
- Put a colander over top of a bowl of some sort. Make sure that all of the holes in the colander are over the bowl.
- Line the colander with white paper towels, cheesecloth, or coffee filters.
- Pour yogurt into lined colander.
- Cover yogurt. I just used more paper towels.
- Put a bowl filled with heavy things-bags of rice or beans work well-on top of the covered yogurt.
- Leave in refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
Result? Yogurt cheese! At least, that's what Alton Brown calls it.
Why, you ask? Well, you can use it in place of cream cheese OR...
Add a cup of blueberries and a couple spoonfuls of sugar. Whiz it with a stick blender and get this yummy Blueberry Decadence. It's so creamy and delicious! You can also throw it in the freezer to make fro-yo. YUM!