Thursday, November 4, 2010

November 3: Kids' Room

Wow. What a day Wednesday was.

My main morning activity was herding cats. Zoe and Thomas were crawling around on all fours, meowing in high-pitched voices, and generally cooperating as well as cats do. They didn't want to get dressed. (What cat does?) Trying to get them out the door and to school on time was trying.

When it was time to pick Zoe up from school, I had to wake Thomas from his nap. Trying to tame a tired, tantruming two-year old is terribly tough. 

Then Zoe did not want to leave school and pretended like I didn't exist when I finally made it to her classroom. When I did get her attention she started knocking magnets and toys into the floor to delay leaving.

I needed to stop at Kroger on the way home to pick up fixings for the pizza. Behavior expectations were outlined before we got out of the car. (Walk with the cart. Keep your hands to yourself. Don't be loud and act crazy in the store.) Zoe decided that she would rather run races in the store and be extremely loud. She encouraged her brother to do the same. Thomas came back when I got his attention. Zoe did not. Plus she started taking things off the shelves and putting them in the cart. I ended up quickly grabbing the last few essential items, paying, and leaving the store before getting the items that could wait until today. 

On the positive side, after taking her time-out when we got home, Zoe decided to have a better evening. She went on several cleaning "missions" around her room. She picked up her stuffed animal, dress-up clothes, and books. I didn't actually do anything around their room. I just assigned her the missions and she did them. Go Zoe! She's also decided that today will be a better day.  I really hope it will be!

After the kids went to bed I decided I wanted to sit down and knit. I looked on Ravelry and found the pattern  for dishcloths just like my great grandma used to make! I made my first one last night. If I ever find my camera charger I will take a photo and post it.

One plug before I end: a couple of my crazy theatre friends from college (Joe Beuerlein and Thomas DeMarcus) are doing a webseries called 30/2010 to try to get on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. Watch an episode or two or more, and if they strike your fancy, please share them on Facebook or Twitter.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, sounds like you had a "fun" day yesterday. I hope Zoe is behaving better today.

    Ethan LOVES to do naughty things, knowing that Evie will follow suite and imitate him. It definitely compels him to act up more then he used to.

    ReplyDelete