Friday, November 20, 2009

Experimental Beginnings

Hi! If you don't already know me, my name is Katie. I have liked to experiment for about as long as I can remember. For example, when I was in elementary school, my parents taught me how to bake cookies using the recipe:

1 boxed cake mix
2 eggs
1/4 cup oil
2 tablespoons water
chocolate chips

Mix the cake mix, eggs, oil, and water together. Add a little more oil or water, if necessary. (Some cake mixes require more than others.) Then fold in the chocolate chips. Bake for 8-12 minutes at 350 degrees.

Easy enough, but I wasn't content to leave it there. I would rummage to the cabinets to find other stuff to add like wheat bran or cinnamon or peanut butter. I know there were some wackier things I added to that recipe, but it's been so long I can't remember what they were.

I didn't just experiment in baking. I remember taking shampoo and conditioner and mixing them together to make a new potion to use on my hair. I was an odd child.

Some of my experiments worked well and others didn't. I still experiment today and I can say the same thing.

So what kinds of experiments will I be sharing with you? Most of them will probably revolve around my gluten-free baking adventures. (I can't make my old cake mix cookie recipe anymore with a standard cake mix. ) I also experiment in photography, crocheting, and other arts & crafts projects. Quite honestly, this blog is a big experiment, and you might see some odd stuff on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment