Sunday, November 22, 2009

Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins

I really wanted Pumpkin Muffins this morning so I started with Emeril's Pumpkin Muffin recipe. My recipe is a VERY altered version of that one.
-----------------------------------------------

Pumpkin Muffins

15 oz chickpeas

1/2 cup of milk

Puree together. I used an immersion blender which worked beautifully!

Stir in:

1 cup pureed pumpkin (Not pumpkin pie mix)
2 eggs
3/4 cup demarara cane sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

In separate bowl, whisk together:

1/2 cup almond flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon ginger

Then fold together both mixtures. Add in whatever mix-ins you like. I used dates and pecans. Other dried fruits or nuts or chocolate chips would be good, too.

Put into muffin tin and bake for 10-12 minutes on 375 degrees.

_____________________

Okay, I'm baking in a mini muffin tin and this is taking MUCH longer than 10-12 minutes. I started with 8 minutes. (I always start with less than is called for.) Then I added another 5 minutes-still not done! Another 5 minutes and still not done. I'm wondering if my oven is not as hot as it says it is.

I will update this more later. I think I may have to have the Hubs watch the muffins since I need to head to church for backstage duties. Maybe he'll remember to bring them with him.

1 comment:

  1. I can not wait to hear how these turn out; I LOVE pumpkin muffins and bought a pie pumpkin that I need to cook for puree. The Husband doesn't really like pumpkin anything, so they'd be for me. :)

    ReplyDelete