Friday, November 26, 2010

Yarn and Wrap

Araucania Color 31 Blue Heron Yarn dive Autunno Blue Sky Alpaca
I ventured out on Black Friday to buy yarn at The Knaughty Knitter, my local yarn store. I don't usually shop on Black Friday, but I'm already behind on my Christmas projects so I wanted to buy yarn to get started. The store was busy but not overwhelmingly so. Plus, I was able to get the Blue Sky Alpaca yarn and the Blue Heron yarn for 35% off which was really nice.

Stolen Moments Wrap WIP
The Stolen Moments Wrap (Ravel It!) is the project I started today. It doesn't look beautiful yet, but hopefully it will look really nice once it is off needles and blocked. That'll be a few days though.

I had to learn a new technique in order to use this pattern: SK2P. Between explanations from my friend Ms. Knitpicky and watching YouTube videos, I was able to figure it out. Here's my favorite video on the technique:

No comments:

Post a Comment