Friday, December 3, 2010

No Play

Tonight was opening night for my church's Christmas production. Last year I was backstage manager so my life was crazy from October through December. It was the first time since college that I had been involved with a full-scale production. I simultaneously loved and hated it. I was never home. I was completely stressed out. I was terribly worn down. However, I was back in my element. You see, I spent much of college working backstage in the theatre, and I was good at it.

This year, though, I have not been involved with the production, and I really miss being part of it. I honestly don't know when I'll get the chance to work backstage for a show again. I can't think about just myself anymore. It's not fair to my family.

My dear blab rats, is there something you've given up because it's best for your family?

Oh, and if you're curious, here's a peek at last year's production:

Imagine Christmas 2009 Extras - Behind the Scenes from Justin Crutchfield on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment