Saturday, January 8, 2011

Knitting 200

I started my Knitting 200 class today at the Knaughty Knitter. We learned to do a cable cast-on, a crochet cast-on, and a provisional cast-on. I've actually done a provisional cast-on for a previous project, but the way Meredith taught us today was easier. Plus, I was able to pull out the waste yarn without having to resort to cutting it. She also showed us how to do short rows which I think I will be experimenting with this week.

While I was at the KK, I also looked around for yarn for a special project. I'm going to make myself a Textured Circle shrug. (Ravel it!) However, I couldn't decide which yarn I wanted while I was there. After thinking about it for awhile, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to get an alpaca, merino, silk blend yarn. There was some at the KK that I really liked, but there wasn't enough in stock and likely won't be since it's on clearance. I may end up ordering some from Knitpicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment