Saturday, January 22, 2011

Knitting Class and New Rav Group

Today was class #3 of Knitting 200. We learned to make buttonholes, Kitchener stitch (which I've done before), and add a lace edging. I think I'm going to work on the modular scarf this week and try my hand at adding some lace edging to it. Maybe I'll add a button and a buttonhole to it, too. I might as well practice the stuff I'm learning! For our final class we will be learning how to create a sweater pattern. I am super excited about this. I hope I can eventually write patterns that are of interest to others besides me.

For those of you on Ravelry, I started a new group today:


Please join and invite your friends. Oh, and if you are knitter or crocheter and not on Ravelry, you should join now! It's such a great resource and a wonderful community! The pattern database is fantastic; keeping tracking of your projects and stash is a cinch; and there are discussions about everything under the sun.

1 comment:

  1. I love your idea for Experimental Friends! The group is so new, now is a perfect time for people to join so they can be part of the founding members.

    I've joined, and I am excited to see where the group will go . . . and grow . . . as time goes on.

    ReplyDelete