In the past week we've spent several afternoons outdoors playing with bubbles. I bought a container of bubbles at the dollar store which the kids dumped most of within minutes of opening it. I made some of my own bubble solution to replace it. My solution is super sticky but makes fantastic bubbles!
2 parts water
2 parts sugar
1 part Dawn Ultra
I did this by weight. I believe I used 200 grams of water, 200 grams of sugar, and 100 grams of Dawn to fill the big bubble bottle we have.
Then I cooked it in a saucepan on low until the sugar completely dissolved. It was warm but not really hot.
When this solution was really fresh, the bubbles from it would deflate when they hit the grass instead of pop. I'll have to get photos next time I make a fresh batch. I was too busy blowing bubbles and had super sticky hands from the solution to be able to take photos last time.
I did get photos from some of our other bubble-blowing adventures though. Take a look:
Bubble Set on Flickr
PS: I'll be adding more art for the 30-day Art Challenge tomorrow.