Monday, December 7, 2009

Almond Meal Pancakes

I haven't made pancakes with almond meal until now. Pancakes and eggs sounded good for dinner tonight though so I thought I'd try them. Here's what I'm doing:

1 cup almond meal
2 tablespoons demarara brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs (beaten)
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

Already I can tell you that I probably should have started with less milk, maybe 1/4 cup. Thankfully we do like almost crepe-like pancakes here.

The pancakes have now been consumed. The kids liked them, but I think they need some major tweaks to make them really good.

2 comments:

  1. Okay reeeeally dumb question, what's demarara brown sugar, is that a brand or a type?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a type of sugar. Here's a description: http://www.floridacrystals.com/Products.aspx?id=3

    I use it because I like the flavor and texture of it. You should be able to substitute any sweetener of your choice for it.

    ReplyDelete