Saturday, September 18, 2010

Artwork Wall

Artwork Wall

My kids love to do artwork. We tend to have crayon, colored pencils, glue sticks, scissor, and paper all over our apartment. We hang the art on the fridge. We hang it on Zoe's memento board. It sits in piles on the tables, floor, and any other surface. It's like kudzu covering everything!

I decided to do something about it. I decided to make an art wall in the kids' room.

Artwork Wall

I took some nails and some string to make lines where I could hang the art. Then I took some glass beads and stuck them on the nail heads using sticky tack. I picked up some of the kids' artwork and attached them to the lines using clothes pins. (Eventually I want to cover the pins with some colorful paper.)

It was a quick job, and the wall still needs some more color and interesting things to add to it, but it's a start.

1 comment:

  1. Cool. I'm a user of the fridge. Also have an art wall. it's the wall next to me in the computer room. I just tape them up though, so it's not as neat as what you've got there. I'm not artsy or crafty but I love having lots of stuff available to the kids, despite their messiness. We have a "craft closet" full of stuff for them.

    ReplyDelete