Monday, November 1, 2010

NaBloPoMo

My friend Ms. Knitpicky just posted that November is NaBloPoMo where the goal is to post on your blog every day. I did this in my 30-to-30 series, and I think I will do it again.

My biggest goal for November is to clean and organize my place. We moved to our current apartment at the beginning of June, and I haven't managed to unpack all the boxes nor have I gotten the place completely clean. The disorganized mess is driving me batty. PLUS, I've invited the family (parents, ILs, siblings) over for Thanksgiving dinner. The place has to be in better shape by then.

I've tried FlyLady. I've tried making up my own systems. I've never succeeded in keeping my house looking the way I want it so I'm going to use you, my dear blog readers, as my accountability partners.

How have I decided to try this time? Well, I've decided to KISS-Keep It Stupidly Simple. I have one focus room per day where I am going to try to accomplish something. Then I will post about what I've accomplished each day on my blog. (I also plan to keep posting about my normal stuff: the kids, recipes, crafting, etc. so the blog won't get too boring.)

Here's the schedule:

Monday: Kitchen
Tuesday: Dining Room
Wednesday: Kids' Room
Thursday: Joel's and My Room
Friday: Living Room
Saturday: Bathrooms
Sunday: Rest

Pray for me. Wish me luck. Blog about your current endeavor. Any of those things would be a big help to me!

2 comments:

  1. I have these same issues and am about to the point that I'm going to purchase a large board and make a chore chart for myself, detailing what exactly I'm doing which day. :P I've also tried Fly Lady and found her to be extremely annoying. I am looking forward to seeing how this works out for you and maybe I'll do the same.

    Our biggest problem around here is clutter that collects on horizontal surfaces and inadequate storage solutions for what we have.


    Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I still get FlyLady emails that filter into their own folder. The sheer quantity of them is overwhelming.

    We have the same issue with horizontal space clutter. It is one of the things I am trying to address this month.

    ReplyDelete